My 2016 builds

Post all Off Topic here

My 2016 builds

Postby blakeh1 » January 3rd, 2017, 8:25 pm

Despite it being a crappy year (on a personal level, not just on a pop culture/celebrity death level) I acutally managed to put a decent dent in my stash (of course they have pretty much all been replaced with my Christmas gift money splurge)

I find looking back on accomplishments great motivation for the upcoming year. I am hoping to keep momentum going and dig even more into the stash and maybe bring the net count down instead of up :lol:

January

1/48 Fine Molds X-Wing - Red 3

February

1/72 Fine Molds Naboo Starfighter

March This was a really good month for completing models!
Bandai 1/72 X-wing - Red 5

Bandai 1/72 Resistance X-Wing

1/72 Bandai Space Battleship Yamato 2199 Cosmo Zero (Alpha 2)

1/72 Bandai Space Battleship Yamato 2199 Cosmo Falcon (Kato's)

slacked off a bit in the summer, but also wound up painting a whole lot of Warmachine/Hordes gaming miniatures during that time as I focused on getting my tournament lists up to the "fully" painted standard. Here is a handful of them I bothered to take pics of

but then come September I was back in the groove

September
1/72 Moebius Battlestar Galactica Viper Mk VII

November
Bandai 1/1500 2025 Yamato

Bandai 1/1000 Yamato (a rescue of an old glue bomb assembled by my brother back in the 80's)

Fine Molds 1/500 Earth Defense Ship aka "Yukikaze"

December

I painted R2 aned BB-8. I twas hard keep R2 relatively clean, but still make him look less like a plstic model. C-3PO I only painted the cables in his belly and back of the knees, otherwise I left his finish as is. I wanted him and R2 to look like they did in the first scenes of a new hope, and the medal ceremonies. I will be picking up the R2 and R5 kit and another 3-PO and weather them up like on tatooine
If you have a tool and aren't aware of what it can do, its dangerous. A jedi can do amazing things with a lightsaber. A roomful of chimps with lightsabers... would get messy.
blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: My 2016 builds

Postby dano985 » January 3rd, 2017, 9:38 pm

Really nice work here. Red 5 looks amazing!
dano985
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Return to The Cantina