1/350 NEBULON B PARTS PREVIEW

This is the Place where the GK´s can offer their kits.

Re: 1/350 NEBULON B PARTS PREVIEW

Postby nicholassagan » February 14th, 2017, 7:21 pm

Ryan wrote:Holy crap! And you can hang the F-Toys Millenium Falcon underneath it! THAT IS SOOOOO COOL!

AAAAAAND THE BANDAI!!!!!
nicholassagan
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Stu Pidasso » February 15th, 2017, 3:45 am

OK, need your opinion guys, and be brutally honest:

I've pretty much adhered to the "no pre-orders" on any of my kits in the past (Only did maybe 2-3 in my 45+ kit catalog) and I've believed that someone shouldn't ship anything unless they have it ready to (or within a few days) of shipping. But I'm getting messages from people wanting to throw money at me. I've been doing casting as my full-time job for almost 10 years now, and I'm not going anywhere. So should I open up a "pre-order" for the Medical Frigate? This is easily my most ambitious and expensive kit by far, and kits like this have sunk many a GKer. It will retail for between $450-$500, and I'm only going to do batches of 5 or 10 at a time to keep from getting overwhelmed. I will NOT take a "Lay-away" type plan, only maybe 50% up front, 50% when it's ready to ship type thing.

Opinions?
Rogueknight wrote:Figured I had to post to keep Stu moist....
Stu Pidasso
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Postby Del » February 15th, 2017, 5:07 am

I'm not interested in 1/350, so I guess I shouldn't chime in. However, my concern with folks doing pre-orders has been when they want money up front and don't have anything except an idea. Those folks that want the customer to finance the whole project from the creation of a mesh, to the printing of the pattern. You already have that done. The only thing you need to do is mold and cast, which is what you do every day anyway. If someone is willing to send you 50% up front, then they're already aware that it will take time, and that they trust you to deliver the goods.

I say do it, in manageable numbers as you've described. Everybody wins. ;)
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!
Del
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Postby nicholassagan » February 15th, 2017, 5:23 am

Well I received almost 2 dozen emails in response to the post on Modeler Magic asking about preorder possibilities...
nicholassagan
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby nicholassagan » February 15th, 2017, 5:24 am

I'm also biased in this instance of preorder....
nicholassagan
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby dano985 » February 15th, 2017, 4:51 pm

I said in another thread that I would be willing to pre-order. Paying half up front and half when they ship also breaks up the cost for me.

Count me in!
dano985
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby utar.ships » February 16th, 2017, 1:20 am

I agree with your general philosophy on not doing pre-orders in most cases, but I think it's very reasonable in this case given the huge up front cost and effort.
"The resin must flow"
utar.ships
Padawan
Padawan

Postby Nomad » February 18th, 2017, 5:46 pm

Count me in for the pre-order, gentlemen.
“Jedi without a lightsaber is like a Jedi with a lightsaber, albeit without one...”(ancient Sith proverb)

“Travelling through hyperspace ain’t like dustin’ crops, boy!”

"We're making our landing approach at lightspeed?"
Nomad
Youngling
Youngling

Postby Ryan » February 20th, 2017, 10:51 am

I think your rep in the GK business is ridiculously solid, so pre-orders would be a safe thing - in small numbers. I only say small number because it will take a while to cast, and interest is extremely high which would put undo pressure on you. You and Nick do solid work, and it pains me that due to the crap value of my country's dollar, I'll have to pass on this absolute masterpiece of work!
Ryan
Padawan
Padawan

Postby Stu Pidasso » February 21st, 2017, 3:18 pm

OK guys, look for a preorder announcement coming Monday. I have thought about this a lot, and I am going to take some advice from friends and only open up their pre-order to a limited amount of people.

I will be going over all the costs and letting everyone know what the final kit price will be, and if I'm going to be taking deposits or full price payments on the kit. If I take deposits, it will be 50% down and 50% when your kit is done and ready to ship. Hope you got your tax returns! :evil:
Rogueknight wrote:Figured I had to post to keep Stu moist....
Stu Pidasso
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

PreviousNext

Return to Mos Espa Factory Outlet