Mike Tait, recaster, is back again.

Post, chat, or discuss topics related to Star Wars, modeling, 3D graphics, or something close to this.

Mike Tait, recaster, is back again.

Postby Stu Pidasso » March 17th, 2018, 11:42 pm

Fair warning to all! Mike Tait, famed recaster, thief, liar, and general ass is back making kits again. This time, it's a 1:1000 scale Republic Star Destroyer. I will not do him the favor of posting a link. Just BE WARNED: HE WILL RIP YOU OFF or send substandard parts, if at all.
Rogueknight wrote:Figured I had to post to keep Stu moist....
Stu Pidasso
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Re: Mike Tait, recaster, is back again.

Postby blakeh1 » March 19th, 2018, 4:52 pm

I suspected is was him when I saw that thread on the RPF under Droid4i9

Especially since he never seemed to show finished models and left things a little vague as well as just popping up out of nowhere with it.

I just couldn't prove it so I kept my thoughts to myself instead of risking ruining an innocent persons rep if I was wrong. I searched for some evidence but couldn't find it

The thread is here https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=285100

If you are sure it is him, I can post in that thread saying so
If you have a tool and aren't aware of what it can do, its dangerous. A jedi can do amazing things with a lightsaber. A roomful of chimps with lightsabers... would get messy.
blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Stu Pidasso » March 19th, 2018, 10:25 pm

I am not 100% sure, but I got the information from a source that I trust. Or I wouldn't have said anything either.
Stu Pidasso
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Postby blakeh1 » March 19th, 2018, 10:30 pm

I'm pretty sure that is him, but again not 100%. I remember him working on the Republic Star Destroyer in 1/1000 scale with the landing hangar back when he had the StarWars modeler website before we all got wind of who he was
If you have a tool and aren't aware of what it can do, its dangerous. A jedi can do amazing things with a lightsaber. A roomful of chimps with lightsabers... would get messy.
blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Stu Pidasso » March 20th, 2018, 12:34 am

Someone should post an innocent question over on the RPF. :twisted:
Stu Pidasso
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Postby dark kyp » March 24th, 2018, 6:04 pm

blakeh1 wrote:back when he had the StarWars modeler website before we all got wind of who he was

sad remains for me... lost 300$ in the studio scale Slave one with that asshole! :x
dark kyp
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby blakeh1 » April 16th, 2018, 11:08 pm

That sucks. I remember that whole thing going down. I had hoped he might have done the right thing, but no

At any rate, apparently he has sold the masters to Korbanth (a division of Sith Planet)

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t ... ost4443457

The final master for the 1/1000 Venator he supposedly still has rights on until Fall.

Of course who is to say he didn't make some casting of the masters to sell on his own, so if you are looking for those kits, look on http://www.korbanth.com/ otherwise you might still be dealing with the Tait
blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby nicholassagan » May 23rd, 2018, 10:24 pm

Yeah I talked Randy Johnson (sithplanet etc) about the whole deal. Apparently Kurt Kuhn picked up this and a whole bunch of other masters done by Mr. Wong himself and sold them off to Randy, without really mentioning where they came from. Long story short, Randy's Venator is an Al Wong creation and will be much updated compared to the one Tait is offering on eBay.

Wong > Tait (Precisioneer)
Tait > Kuhn
Kuhn < Johnson
nicholassagan
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby dark kyp » May 31st, 2018, 8:04 pm

great to read, a friend of mine ordered the venator from Precisioneer. I was affraid that Precisioneer=tait.

But apparently it isn't! :)

I saw a message on facebook last weekend from Randy Cooper saying that tait was selling 3 kits of his SD. Apprently he never buyed them from randy... recast? :x
dark kyp
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Stu Pidasso » June 6th, 2018, 8:07 pm

Stu Pidasso
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Next

Return to General Discussion