1/350 Rebellion cruiser, Rebel Heart

Show your finished models and 3D artwork here

1/350 Rebellion cruiser, Rebel Heart

Postby NovaDenied » May 24th, 2018, 2:50 am

This is my newest 3d printed ship, The Rebel Heart. It is a model from Thingiverse (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2860481) that I new from 1st sight, I needed to have. I modded it a little and added a few greebles. The ship is nearly 3 feet long. I used my standard treatment for finishing PLA, Rustoleum 2 in 1 primer + filler, with a white base coat and AK's heavy chipping effects and then masking off the places I wanted to stay white. I then airbrushed the whole model with Testors British crimson enamel paint, thinned with Mr. color leveling thinner. I used an oil wash to dirty it up and add light streaking and MIG's grimy black pigment for the blaster marks and engine grime. Its in 1/350 scale with Bandai's Tiny Falcon. I used decals for the rebel symbol and the name Rebel Heart in Aurabesh on the wings. Also used decals for the name plate. I had to redo the name plate because the 1st one I misspelled Rebellion lol, you can see it in the pics. I'm printing out the Tantive IV (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2816767) in the same scale and in the not so distant future I hope to be posting that here too.

NovaDenied
Youngling
Youngling

Re: 1/350 Rebellion cruiser, Rebel Heart

Postby dano985 » May 24th, 2018, 2:05 pm

Cool ship!!!
dano985
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby dark kyp » May 31st, 2018, 7:59 pm

interresting design!

Your paint looks good!
dark kyp
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby NovaDenied » June 1st, 2018, 1:03 am

Thanks. The guy who designed it said he used a bunch of different ships from other sources and spliced them together. The section right behind the cockpit is from a halo earth ship from the video games and the thrusters are from a saturn rocket.
NovaDenied
Youngling
Youngling

Postby srspicer » June 12th, 2018, 5:14 am

Wow, looks really nice!!

I wish I could view it on PhotoB.......what the heck is up with that site?????

A couple of critiques;
-place some white paper behind the model to get rid of the clutter behind
-You should cover up the wood grain with black paint, it distracts from the model

I'm taking notes on the painting steps.......thumbs up!!!
Visit my website [*]www.srsprototyping.com[*]
srspicer
Youngling
Youngling

Postby NovaDenied » June 12th, 2018, 5:29 am

Idk whats wrong with photo bucket but I agree with you on the white paper, its just such a big model I barely had room to get it in frame. My back was against the wall trying to get it in frame lol. And as for the base, I had some scrap wood and wood stain and thought it would look nice. I felt as though the wood grain would show through any paint but i will certainly get a better base for my 1/350 Tantive IV and paint that one. Thanks for your input.
NovaDenied
Youngling
Youngling

Postby blakeh1 » June 15th, 2018, 3:13 am

Excellent! Nice to the the Falcon with it to help give it a sense of scale as well
If you have a tool and aren't aware of what it can do, its dangerous. A jedi can do amazing things with a lightsaber. A roomful of chimps with lightsabers... would get messy.
blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Jason Abbadon » June 18th, 2018, 4:30 am

Beautiful build and a great design!
Jason Abbadon
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Postby NovaDenied » June 18th, 2018, 5:04 am

Thanks, I'm already working on another ship and I have all the parts for the 350th scale Tantive iv printed, just gonna be a little while until I get to it. But should have my current build up in a week or 2.
NovaDenied
Youngling
Youngling

Postby Ramsayman » June 19th, 2018, 3:28 am

Fantastic, man! Looks good! I like the design - at frist I thought it was just a modded Tantive IV, but when I actually looked at it, it's obviously not! Looks like it belongs in universe - inspired by, but not the same as the corvette. And much tougher looking!
Ramsayman
Padawan
Padawan

Next

Return to Finished Work