Hello There From a New Member

Post all Off Topic here

Hello There From a New Member

Postby DeadHead » June 24th, 2018, 5:07 am

Just thought that I would introduce myself.

I saw Star Wars in 1977 on the big screen when I was six years old, and have been a fan ever since. I started building models as a 7 or 8 year old kid like most kids of my generation did. My first SW model was the ol' R2-D2 and C-3PO model (MPC?) back in the '80's. By the time I was 14, I had a workbench, airbrush, etc. I was really into military aircraft. There were just no good SW models to be had for a while there. Then I walked away from the bench when I went to college. After about 20 years away, I came back 5 years ago. I mostly build sci-fi models now because now we have some great kits from some great companies and makers that we didn't have before.

I look forward to seeing all the great builds and posting my own. I also look forward to learning and getting feedback. I'm OK at scratchbuilding, but this is where I want to stretch my legs in the future and I hope the people in this forum can inspire me.

Thanks for reading!
DeadHead
DeadHead
Youngling
Youngling

Re: Hello There From a New Member

Postby blakeh1 » June 25th, 2018, 11:05 pm

Welcome

Sounds like you had a similar path to modeling as myself. only difference was my first models back on the late 70's was the MPC X-wing followed by Darth Vader's tie and the Falcon
If you have a tool and aren't aware of what it can do, its dangerous. A jedi can do amazing things with a lightsaber. A roomful of chimps with lightsabers... would get messy.
blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Hello There From a New Member

Postby Stu Pidasso » June 25th, 2018, 11:08 pm

Welcome dude! Please don't be afraid to ask if you have a question. 99% of us here are hoopy froods.
Rogueknight wrote:Figured I had to post to keep Stu moist....
Stu Pidasso
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Return to The Cantina