Bandai 1/72 A-Wing

Show your finished models and 3D artwork here

Bandai 1/72 A-Wing

Postby blakeh1 » August 13th, 2018, 11:56 pm

Might be kind of boring paint wise as I pretty much tried to copy the studio model as best I could
I had always wanted a good 1/72 A-Wing. I have the Fantastic Plastic one, but that had some shape issues

While the scale is debatable, I have grown to accept a larger size A-Wing, especially when comparing it to other ships. For example, comparing it to a real world F-18. Although it does look big compared to BSG ships though. Then again, the BSG ships while listed as 1/72 feel small for the scale. Even the pilots seem more like HO scale (1/87)
If you have a tool and aren't aware of what it can do, its dangerous. A jedi can do amazing things with a lightsaber. A roomful of chimps with lightsabers... would get messy.
blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Bandai 1/72 A-Wing

Postby Ramsayman » August 15th, 2018, 8:53 pm

Nice job! I love the scale comparison shot as well. Thanks for that!
Ramsayman
Padawan
Padawan

Postby blakeh1 » August 17th, 2018, 12:30 am

Ramsayman wrote:Nice job! I love the scale comparison shot as well. Thanks for that!

Thanks

I always love seeing stuff from multiple universes together. Its always fascinating to see how something like an F-18 would look against an in scale X-wing or how something like the Enterprise might look compared to a Blockade Runner etc...
If you have a tool and aren't aware of what it can do, its dangerous. A jedi can do amazing things with a lightsaber. A roomful of chimps with lightsabers... would get messy.
blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Ramsayman » August 17th, 2018, 7:01 am

blakeh1 wrote:
Ramsayman wrote:Nice job! I love the scale comparison shot as well. Thanks for that!

Thanks

I always love seeing stuff from multiple universes together. Its always fascinating to see how something like an F-18 would look against an in scale X-wing or how something like the Enterprise might look compared to a Blockade Runner etc...

Yeah! My "hanger" has Star Wars craft, a couple of Star Trek shuttles (*gasp*) an SR-71 Blackbird, a couple of BSG Vipers, a TARDIS and a new Camaro to name a few, all in 1/72 scale. I love the idea that somehow these can all exist together.

(Some people think we need to keep these separate.)

:D

I also put an R2 droid head instead of the radar dome thingee in the nose of an F-117. Just a bit of an easter egg...
Ramsayman
Padawan
Padawan

Postby blakeh1 » August 17th, 2018, 3:04 pm

Ramsayman wrote:

Yeah! My "hanger" has Star Wars craft, a couple of Star Trek shuttles (*gasp*) an SR-71 Blackbird, a couple of BSG Vipers, a TARDIS and a new Camaro to name a few, all in 1/72 scale. I love the idea that somehow these can all exist together.

(Some people think we need to keep these separate.)

:D

I also put an R2 droid head instead of the radar dome thingee in the nose of an F-117. Just a bit of an easter egg...

Ooh, I'd love tp see that!

post some pics if you can
blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby DeadHead » August 19th, 2018, 7:39 am

Nice work! I'll second blakeh1 and say that I'd like to see that hangar.
DeadHead
Youngling
Youngling

Postby Ramsayman » August 20th, 2018, 9:26 pm

Well, it's not really a Hanger, just a shelf. I intend to paint hanger details on the shelf, and add a detailed back wall to it, but that hasn't happened yet....

I'll get some pics up soon.
Ramsayman
Padawan
Padawan

Postby Aigore » September 9th, 2018, 2:30 pm

Great looking A-wing :D

I too was surprised by the size
Aigore
Padawan
Padawan

Postby blakeh1 » September 10th, 2018, 7:13 pm

Thanks!
blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby korben44 » September 12th, 2018, 4:22 pm

Awesome work!
korben44
Youngling
Youngling

Return to Finished Work