Shapeways 1/270 Otana

Show your finished models and 3D artwork here

Re: Shapeways 1/270 Otana

Postby Artbot » March 6th, 2014, 2:24 am

Looks like this is the one on Shapeways. Bummer the UHD version is so much more costly than the basic one.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1054234/ ... terialId=6
Artbot

Re: Shapeways 1/270 Otana

Postby Laserschwert » August 6th, 2018, 10:21 am

I know I'm VERY late to reply to this thread, but I have only discovered this forum recently, since I've just purchased a couple of Bandai's incredible 1/144 SW model kits (including the Falcon, of course) and am constantly looking for inspiration on how to build and paint them.

Anyway, regarding the Otana, it's very cool to read about it from "the man himself", Richard Green, who gave us such an iconic ship (and shaped a lot of my childhood memories via Rebel Assault or Full Throttle). The Shapeways version of the YT-2000 was modeled by me, based on the great low-poly model by DTM (modeling) and Darksaber (texturing) from the XWA Upgrade project. As most of you have figured out, I originally did this for the X-Wing Miniatures tabletop game, which explains the 1/270 scale.

You can read about the origins of my model in the BoardGameGeek forum HERE and HERE.

If you still want to download the model (to print it at Shapeways or pick it apart) you can find it HERE. But beware, this probably doesn't offer enough detail to print at anything bigger than 1/270, so you might want to rework it for that.
Laserschwert

Previous

Return to Finished Work