what ever happened to...

Post your questions here. Make sure you include all necessary information.
johnwaljr
Padawan
Padawan

what ever happened to...

Post by johnwaljr » July 24th, 2014, 2:12 pm

Hi everyone just wondering what ever happened to trilliance , I've seen on the net that they did a 2-seater conversion kit for FM's y-wing. Was wondering WTF happened :?:

dano985
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: what ever happened to...

Post by dano985 » July 24th, 2014, 2:21 pm

johnwaljr wrote:Hi everyone just wondering what ever happened to trilliance , I've seen on the net that they did a 2-seater conversion kit for FM's y-wing. Was wondering WTF happened :?:
I believe "Stu" did the casting for them. I know he at least did their TIE Experimental.

Del
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Post by Del » July 24th, 2014, 5:35 pm

johnwaljr wrote:Hi everyone just wondering what ever happened to trilliance , I've seen on the net that they did a 2-seater conversion kit for FM's y-wing. Was wondering WTF happened :?:
They were forced to shut down a couple of years ago.
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!

sumpter250
Padawan
Padawan

Post by sumpter250 » July 24th, 2014, 6:58 pm

Del wrote:"johnwaljr" wrote: Hi everyone just wondering what ever happened to trilliance , I've seen on the net that they did a 2-seater conversion kit for FM's y-wing. Was wondering WTF happened :?:
This brought to mind, the number of Hobby Shops, that have gone out of business in the last couple of years. If we're not buying kits, the shops can't survive, and the manufacturers feel the loss, and they too, struggle to survive. Add to that, the price of everything has gone up, while at the same time, incomes haven't, leading to the 'difficult choice', Paying the higher price for our hobbies, ? or, Keeping a roof overhead, and food on the table. I'm losing weight, but not starving, and I do a bit more scratch building these days. :o ;) :)
The cycle will come back around ;) , but it may take a while, and some of what has gone away may not be able to come back :o :)
We always learn more from our own mistakes, than we ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.......I can find it myself

Del
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Post by Del » July 24th, 2014, 7:18 pm

sumpter250 wrote:
Del wrote:"johnwaljr" wrote: Hi everyone just wondering what ever happened to trilliance , I've seen on the net that they did a 2-seater conversion kit for FM's y-wing. Was wondering WTF happened :?:
This brought to mind, the number of Hobby Shops, that have gone out of business in the last couple of years. ....<snip>...
In this case, when I said they were forced, I meant for legal reasons, that they had no choice. They were told to shut down.
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!

johnwaljr
Padawan
Padawan

Post by johnwaljr » July 25th, 2014, 1:33 pm

so no luck on a conversion kit :cry: damn my timing sucks :x

Rogueknight
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Rogueknight » July 25th, 2014, 10:02 pm

Anybody have any pictures of what it looked like... love to see examples and file away for a scratch build one day
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

Uwe Kaeding
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Post by Uwe Kaeding » July 26th, 2014, 1:36 am

johnwaljr wrote:so no luck on a conversion kit :cry: damn my timing sucks :x
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Trilliance had to stop selling their SW stuff due to a C&D order. Don't give up though - they do appear for sale on various forums every now and again. You can also help things along with WTB posts - I've found the SSM forum particularly good for finding out of production stuff. I found one that way and as soon as I'd bought one had another one offered to me, so they are out there.