Off topic builds...ie not Star Wars

Post all Off Topic here
dupes
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Off topic builds...ie not Star Wars

Post by dupes » February 24th, 2014, 12:33 am

Bummer that these are so rare. I've seen them built up so much, I can't believe it was a "poor seller" for Rev/Mon?

May have to take you up on that 50+, Del...unless somebody else snags it first.
Need to build 30 models per year until I'm 90 to clean out the stash. Time to get cracking!

Del
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Post by Del » February 24th, 2014, 12:58 am

dupes wrote:Bummer that these are so rare. I've seen them built up so much, I can't believe it was a "poor seller" for Rev/Mon?

May have to take you up on that 50+, Del...unless somebody else snags it first.
Now that I checked Ebay, I want more than that. :P Hey if you really do want it, I could bring it to WonderFest and save shipping. Just a thought.
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!

Chain Driven
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Chain Driven » February 28th, 2014, 9:52 pm

And here's my latest acquisition...straight from Cheesy 1978 Message From Space/San Ku Kai series from Japan.

Got those for peanuts on ebay. I loved watching this show as a kid but I wont watch again I'm sure it has aged badly :lol:

Clic if you Dare: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOSmIJCHqcQ

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for the effect of you watching this :mrgreen:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attachments
Message from space.jpg
Message from space.jpg (742.9 KiB) Viewed 14250 times

dupes
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by dupes » March 1st, 2014, 5:07 am

Neat! I'd never seen those before. What scale/size are they? Hard to tell from the pic.
Need to build 30 models per year until I'm 90 to clean out the stash. Time to get cracking!

Chain Driven
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Chain Driven » March 1st, 2014, 8:56 am

Roughly 1/48th if I'm correct. But they are tiny things. same size as a 1/72 TIE (Comet Fire) and X wing (the other).

sci-fi-bldr
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Post by sci-fi-bldr » August 13th, 2014, 4:23 am

Been putting alot of hours in at work the last month and haven't had the opportunity to work on any 'real'..( :P ) projects but I wanted to keep a little something going to keep my modeling mojo going so I pulled a airplane kit off the self.

Didn't go crazy on the accuracy...didn't even try...just wanted something to put together, paint and weather..

It's the 1/48 Tamiya Skyraider....nice kit..pretty much no trouble at all in the assembly....nice crisp details.....about the only thing I had trouble with was the decals, I had problems with them wanting to stick....after putting them on letting them dry, putting a coat of clear over them the numbers on the cowl wanted to come up when I lightly masked over them to spray the smoke down the side. I ended up taking them the rest of the way off and replacing them and the wing numbers with different ones.

Still have the gun barrels to put on..and maybe some more work on the underwing stores....but for the most part its done....

Made a lil flight deck for it too..... :D

nicholassagan
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by nicholassagan » August 13th, 2014, 4:29 am

Jim! Nice! I just finished these two up a few weeks back:

sci-fi-bldr
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Post by sci-fi-bldr » August 13th, 2014, 4:35 am

Thanks....going to say the same about yours..!

I built a Falke a little while back and was looking for some different style of weaponry to put on it...I ended up scratching some rocket tubes for it....I wish I would have seen your bomb rack sooner...LOVE IT !

blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by blakeh1 » August 13th, 2014, 3:20 pm

sci-fi-bldr and Nick, Those aircraft look awesome!
If you have a tool and aren't aware of what it can do, its dangerous. A jedi can do amazing things with a lightsaber. A roomful of chimps with lightsabers... would get messy.

blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by blakeh1 » August 13th, 2014, 3:26 pm

I've been working on gaming miniatures most recently. I need to get back to my Star Wars stuff though

Here's some examples of what I've done....
These are for Malifaux. It's kind of gothic/victorian type of setting.

This crew is Pandora's crew. They are Nightmare's (basically evil spirits). Pandora (opening the box), Kade and his Teddy. Candy. Tried to get that veiny look of pale skin for the "baby"

Like the Malifaux stuff, the small models are on a 30 mm base, the larger one on a 50 mm base.

And the old swamp hag with her voodoo dolls

Last edited by blakeh1 on August 13th, 2014, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you have a tool and aren't aware of what it can do, its dangerous. A jedi can do amazing things with a lightsaber. A roomful of chimps with lightsabers... would get messy.