MVM Desert Creeper 1/144

This is the Place where the GK´s can offer their kits.
Del
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

MVM Desert Creeper 1/144

Post by Del » September 10th, 2013, 5:43 am

I haven't built this one yet, but I'm not going to make you guys wait for that. The 1/144 Desert Creeper comes with 38 parts. The large center part is roto-cast, but everything else is solid pressure-cast. However, I do have 5 hollow front sections just for those who plan to light it up, but I need you to send me a PM or email to request a switch to the hollow front. The kit is available at my website for $145 retail, but from now until Sunday at midnight, it's $130. Due to the weight at over 4 pounds / 2 kilos, the International shipping is set at $55 on my website, but any unused portion of your shipping cost will be refunded to you - US fees are correct.

If you are wanting a hollow front for lighting instead of the solid part, I want you to know up front that these have some flaws from not being pressure cast. So you'll be able to cut out and light the windows easier, but will need to correct some of the bubbles. The solid-cast fronts are very nice and do not look like this photo. Also, this photo represents the worst one that I have. I'm trying to be honest with you guys - so please keep that in mind.

I had planned on selling this for a lot more since it's costing me a fortune to have someone else produce it for me, but after realizing that it requires about 6-8 hours of prep time to get it ready to build, I adjusted the price to the current amount. This photo shows some areas that might need to be cleaned up or minor re-scribing. Again, this is a great kit, but I just want to be as open with all of you as possible.

So here it is. If it was perfect I'd be selling it for at least $20 - $40 more, but I think my price is fair for everything you're getting. I hope you enjoy building it as much as I currently am. ;) If anyone wants closer photos of any part, just let me know.
Last edited by Del on November 21st, 2013, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!

Del
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Re: Desert Creeper 1/144

Post by Del » September 10th, 2013, 7:35 am

Here's a few more photos -

Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!

nicholassagan
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by nicholassagan » September 10th, 2013, 2:43 pm

I for one welcome this addition into the fleet. :) Can't wait to see the toothy orange grin crawling over my desk :P

Del
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Post by Del » September 11th, 2013, 2:28 am

nicholassagan wrote:I for one welcome this addition into the fleet. :) Can't wait to see the toothy orange grin crawling over my desk :P
Well, USPS says you should have it by Friday. Please let everyone know what you like or don't like about the kit. ;)

nicholassagan
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by nicholassagan » September 11th, 2013, 4:39 am

FRIDAY! So AWESOME! I'll start my build this weekend fo sho!!! Keep an eye on the WIP thread boys!

Del
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Post by Del » September 11th, 2013, 6:12 am

International shipping is just ridiculous when the box goes over 4 pounds in weight. What do you guys think about me drilling out portions of the solid parts where they fit together and won't be seen when it's assembled? If I do that, I'll be able to get it under the 4 pound weight and can ship it for $35 International. I think that's much more reasonable, and I would only do this for Int'l customers. I will still refund any unused portion of the shipping charge as well.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this idea, especially since it would save about $20 in shipping charges. If any other kits are purchased at the same time, the cost would then go up to the higher rates due to the increased weight.

merseajohn
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Post by merseajohn » September 11th, 2013, 10:03 am

I'm just waiting on few a things to come through then I'm going to grab one off you (thank Nick for that) so yeah I'd appreciate the cheaper shipping option (to the uk). Thanks Del. Or would it be better for me to wait until the bomber's ready to go then get both in the same parcel?

Del
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Post by Del » September 11th, 2013, 2:50 pm

merseajohn wrote:I'm just waiting on few a things to come through then I'm going to grab one off you (thank Nick for that) so yeah I'd appreciate the cheaper shipping option (to the uk). Thanks Del. Or would it be better for me to wait until the bomber's ready to go then get both in the same parcel?
Actually, it's about the same price for two shipments of 4 & 2 pounds or one package at 6 pounds. The guy who's making my canopies and viewports is having a problem getting them right, so the bomber isn't just waiting for me to rework the interior. Plus, I'll be in the land of bier und bratwurst pretty soon and won't get home until mid October. So, you might be having both shipped together anyway if I can't ship it by Monday. I'm going to send you a PM.

nicholassagan
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by nicholassagan » September 14th, 2013, 2:10 am

Guys, mine just arrived in the mail and I'm WAY impressed with it in person. The pictures don't do it justice...It's got some weight to it, too! I'll start a WIP thread later this weekend but basically those areas of concern RE: roto-cast pieces, are a non-issue for me; everything else is so nice and crisp and true to the master. It really will be a blast to put together!!

Qrest Fourstar
Youngling
Youngling

Post by Qrest Fourstar » September 14th, 2013, 11:32 pm

Just noticed this was up for sale today. Still fighting the urge to bute the bullet and buy it.