Dear God time flies....

Post, chat, or discuss topics related to Star Wars, modeling, 3D graphics, or something close to this.
Rogueknight
Padawan
Padawan

Dear God time flies....

Post by Rogueknight » May 19th, 2021, 10:56 pm

7 years??? Has it really been seven years since my last post here?

Well damn, I've stopped by but never stayed- but things will change. Nice to see so many familiar faces from when the site opened! Where the hell have I been? Married, kids, divorced, several jobs... and through it all building has been my safe place.

Still scratching, although at a slower place since I do a lot of prop building, to the point of costuming.

Anyways thought I would stop by, and since my daughter had me do up images of the costuming/ props over the last 3 years- I thought I would re introduce and show the masses. - Ship scratches I still need to deal with, but currently on the desk is a 3.75 scaled Stinger Mantis from Fallen Order.

FYI- Rey's Blaster, Sabine, K2SO, (and another project which will go unspoken, since still in epic construction) were all COVID unemployment cries for sanity...
Attachments
1.jpg
Rifle does collapse, made of styrene, and removable clip
1.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 456 times
2.jpg
Forearms and back glow in dim light
2.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 456 times
3.jpg
Built the kids costumes too
3.jpg (1.6 MiB) Viewed 456 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (1.47 MiB) Viewed 456 times
5.jpg
Powerlevel lights on back work too
5.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 456 times
6.jpg
started year before divorce, and finished the following year. Helmet is only black primer because I was not 100% happy if I wanted to make adjustments, and when final markings I wanted to use... thinking will finish this year... maybe
6.jpg (793.06 KiB) Viewed 456 times
7.jpg
see lower for construction images
7.jpg (956.58 KiB) Viewed 456 times
8.jpg
Still too clean but I dont have the heart to weather them.... lol
8.jpg (1.23 MiB) Viewed 456 times
9.jpg
All dressed up and no where to go... thanks covid
9.jpg (896.49 KiB) Viewed 456 times
10.jpg
All dressed up and no where to go... thanks covid..... not easy to convert K2SO to the body of a 9 year old, but the point is made.
10.jpg (972.81 KiB) Viewed 456 times
11.jpg
see lower for construction images
11.jpg (867.48 KiB) Viewed 456 times
12.jpg
Visor material was impossible to find... apparently there is a need for PPE. Finally found some acrylic and car window tinting
12.jpg (1.2 MiB) Viewed 456 times
13.jpg
Upgrading a cheap dressup mask to a full helmet that wrapped around his head.
13.jpg (943.15 KiB) Viewed 456 times
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

dark kyp
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Dear God time flies....

Post by dark kyp » May 31st, 2021, 6:19 pm

Nice to see you here!
Nice job on those costumes! The K2SO is really looking cool!

Sad to read that you have been through troubles. I hope everything will be fine ;)

Ramsayman
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Re: Dear God time flies....

Post by Ramsayman » June 15th, 2021, 7:21 am

Wow! Love it! Still wanting to get myself to put together a nice X-WIng pilot costume. Could use some advice on the helmet! But again, no place to wear it at the moment...