New Bandai Star Wars Line...

Post, chat, or discuss topics related to Star Wars, modeling, 3D graphics, or something close to this.
Uwe Kaeding
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

New Bandai Star Wars Line...

Post by Uwe Kaeding » September 26th, 2014, 2:16 pm

Found these links over on the SSM forum - photos of the new Bandai Star Wars line taken at the All Japan Hobby & Model Show: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 071&type=3

and here's another one showing a possible AT-AT kit as well (no idea of scale though): https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... =3&theater

Captain Riker
Padawan
Padawan

Re: New Bandai Star Wars Line...

Post by Captain Riker » September 26th, 2014, 3:52 pm

Their snow speeder and chicken walker kits are listed at 1/48. The AT-AT might be the same. There is another image of their 1/72 Vader TIE in front of it. It looked like it could also be 1/72 but the distance between the displays is undetermined.

blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by blakeh1 » September 29th, 2014, 4:08 pm

So according to the HLJ video, these are all snap kits molded in color. You can see how the red stripes in the side are separately molded parts on that exploded x-wing.

They do look great, but at the same time, I am sure due to some limitations of snap fit, details will suffer. Like the 12:00 position piece intakes on the X-wing for example that are glue on pieces in the Fine Molds kit, but are molded here as one solid piece that extends to the back

I do like the add on stuff like the laser effects and the surface tiles and alternate x-wing parts.

I'm also gathering from that video that each kit will have a different tile type?
If you have a tool and aren't aware of what it can do, its dangerous. A jedi can do amazing things with a lightsaber. A roomful of chimps with lightsabers... would get messy.

nicholassagan
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by nicholassagan » September 30th, 2014, 1:59 pm

144 slave i can also be seen on a card

Uwe Kaeding
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Post by Uwe Kaeding » September 30th, 2014, 2:56 pm

Some more photos, showing the whole range: http://bandai-hobby.net/site/20140927ho ... l#starwars
Apparently the AT-AT is 1/72, although no date given so who knows if it will happen (text translates as "the prototype").

blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by blakeh1 » September 30th, 2014, 7:41 pm

Here's the X-wing page from there site. Shows all the features. There is interior details behind the nose cone and under the droid strip

http://bandai-hobby.net/sw/products/mc/mc01.html

It states that the overall model is based on Luke's X-wing prop, but that there are some parts supplied to build other non-luke based versions

It confirms 2 nose cones. Longer one for Luke's, shorter for the others. The rear detail piece can be put on up or down depending on which version you want.

1 Death Star exhaust heat ports base
Death Star surface base × 1
proton torpedo effect × 2
pilot figure × 2 (seated × 1, × 1 upright)
R2-D2 × 1
R5-D4 × 1
landing legs
(clear parts × 1, frame parts × 1) 2 × species canopy
water transfer type decal × 1
× 1 tetron seal
If you have a tool and aren't aware of what it can do, its dangerous. A jedi can do amazing things with a lightsaber. A roomful of chimps with lightsabers... would get messy.

dupes
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by dupes » September 30th, 2014, 10:05 pm

The exhaust port base sure would be cool!
Need to build 30 models per year until I'm 90 to clean out the stash. Time to get cracking!

dupes
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by dupes » September 30th, 2014, 10:06 pm

Damn...why would they do the AT-ST in 1/72, but the AT-AT in 1/48? Aaaaaaargh
Need to build 30 models per year until I'm 90 to clean out the stash. Time to get cracking!

blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by blakeh1 » September 30th, 2014, 11:51 pm

it's the other way around 1/72 AT-AT and 1/48 AT-ST (although I would have loved a 1/72 AT-ST)

1/72 AT-AT assuming they will go to production with the concept model would be nice as well

johnwaljr
Padawan
Padawan

Post by johnwaljr » October 1st, 2014, 2:05 am

did I see that right :shock: sometime in 2015 Bandai is putting out a y-wing :o :shock: :shock: