Bandai Rogue One kits

Post, chat, or discuss topics related to Star Wars, modeling, 3D graphics, or something close to this.
Unreality
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Bandai Rogue One kits

Post by Unreality » September 23rd, 2016, 5:16 am

In addition to some 1/12 troopers, 1/12 K2, and the X-wing set, we'll also be getting some more Rogue One kits:

TIE Striker 1/72
U-wing, TIE Striker, Hovertank combo in 1/144

I really hope they do a U-wing in 1/72, as I'm not sure what scale the Revell will be in.
Rebel Scale: my modeling website

Ramsayman
Padawan
Padawan

Re: Bandai Rogue One kits

Post by Ramsayman » September 23rd, 2016, 8:02 pm

I agree. I want a u-wing in 1/72 too. But some are saying that would make it really big.

I didn't realize that the TIE Striker has the wing on top. Interesting.
Last edited by Ramsayman on September 24th, 2016, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nikter
Youngling
Youngling

Post by Nikter » September 24th, 2016, 1:36 am

Oh, it seems to me striker is twice longer than intercepter.. the U wing.. I don't think it looks nice at Star Wars universe, I don't think it looks nice at all. Very strange and ugly design, they can affort the best artists to make cool concepts, but what we have in last films? Silver wings tie, concept-like xwing, shapeless stardestroyer in FA and now striker, cargo at-at and that uwing.. WTF, every star wars movie had incredible cool starships, a lot of different and new starships.. why they are making this?? They just change old shapes or make very bad new. A lot of fanarts are better than this new official designes.. I'm so dissapointed. The only thing I like is unchanged old x-wing

blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by blakeh1 » September 27th, 2016, 4:19 pm

Yes the designs for the two new films have been lackluster at best and downright dumb looking at worst (Leia's flying hallway, the new shuttle in Rogue One etc...)

The T-70 and the U-wing have grown on me but neither evoke the same coolness factor as the original trilogy designs. Even the prequels had better designs
If you have a tool and aren't aware of what it can do, its dangerous. A jedi can do amazing things with a lightsaber. A roomful of chimps with lightsabers... would get messy.

Unreality
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Post by Unreality » September 27th, 2016, 4:31 pm

I think there's a balance between [looks cool] and [looks like something from Star Wars]

Right now, I think it's safer and better to stick with designs that invoke the Star Wars feel. If they went too far in left field, the movies would probably have a backlash like Trek fans had with the JJ-prise. I like new designs, but there's still something conventional about the look of dogfighters, big destroyers, and cobbled-together rebel/resistance vehicles that I love.
Rebel Scale: my modeling website

sci-fi-bldr
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Post by sci-fi-bldr » September 27th, 2016, 5:39 pm

Leia's flying hallway.........Milk came out of my nose on that one....and I haven't had a glass of it in 3 weeks... :lol:

nicholassagan
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by nicholassagan » September 28th, 2016, 5:20 pm

I kinda like the U-Wing but not the Stryker....and the U-Wing is a mash-up of elements from 2 different manufacturers. At least we'll be seeing X- and Y-Wings in R1.

dupes
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by dupes » September 30th, 2016, 12:24 am

New kits from Bandai? I'm all for that! :D
Need to build 30 models per year until I'm 90 to clean out the stash. Time to get cracking!

Rockvoice
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Rockvoice » October 29th, 2016, 5:30 pm

I am wondering what that X-Wing Special Set is... :)

nicholassagan
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by nicholassagan » October 29th, 2016, 9:31 pm

Red Leader in 1/144 and 1/72