Rebellion era D5-Mantis variant in 1:350

Scum And Villainy
Kottlewski
Youngling
Youngling

Rebellion era D5-Mantis variant in 1:350

Post by Kottlewski » December 13th, 2014, 1:07 am

Hi guys,
I'm back after a while (newest member of the family is now 6 months old and things run smoother now).
After building 3 good guy ships I decided to turn to the dark side for a while...

I have plans to build 3 ships, all from the group build poll. One for this group build, one quickbuild with a winter theme, the Hoth Runner...

I wish I had 1:350 AT-STs (Gosric?), they would fit perfectly between the 4 AT-ATs...

One capital investment, a Imperial fleet supply ship (doubledecker with detachable landing barge or mobile field base). Hey Stefan, see I hacked your SD... :lol:

Gotta do a lot of cargocontainers...
Both ships are soon in the WIP area..

For this group build I decided to finish my D5 variant, I liked the SWTOrs designers way of altering the Slave1 to a 4000(?) year old bounty hunter ship. And I decided to turn a 4000 year old design into somnething of the Rebellion era.
I started this in summer but the baby stopped it with a simple look into my eyes...

Let's see:

Still a lot to do and I hope it's ok for this group build?
Lower engine has to be shortened a bit and the lower part redone, probably with a Gundam shoesole,
weapons and greeblies have to be addded, I don't like the inner engines etc.

It's good to be back :)

dano985
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Rebellion era D5-Mantis variant in 1:350

Post by dano985 » December 13th, 2014, 5:07 pm

Very cool! I love the mantis!!! We need one in72!!

Scott Girvan
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Scott Girvan » December 14th, 2014, 12:01 am

ok that's cool. Never considered modifying the Slave 1 into something else. Very cool.

dupes
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by dupes » December 14th, 2014, 3:05 am

Kottlewski wrote:Image
These are flippin' SWEET!
Need to build 30 models per year until I'm 90 to clean out the stash. Time to get cracking!

nicholassagan
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by nicholassagan » December 15th, 2014, 5:14 am

OH man you're having fun with these. I was just admiring your freighter in the Departures gallery. Nice work!

Kottlewski
Youngling
Youngling

Post by Kottlewski » December 15th, 2014, 4:22 pm

Thank you guys,

I just love the small Revell kits, cheap with an ok quality, the only thing you wouldn't want to build are the intended ships, I would never try to build an YT-1300 out of them... ;)
The F-toys 1:350 ones are so much better except the guns, they are dual not quad, before I repaint the Mill. Falcon I have to find adequate quad guns for it.

BTW I' searching my stash for the Hoth dio Falcon -> center cockpit, 3 ARC engines like the one above but in a triangle pattern 2 on top 1 below, and many guns -> 50-60m light correlian gunship in 1:350...