Bandai 1/72 T-70

The Force Awakens
blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Bandai 1/72 T-70

Post by blakeh1 » March 1st, 2016, 9:13 pm

A little late to the party, but at any rate...

After a 4 week wait, I got my package in the mail over the weekend and started on it

Again, like the regular T-65 X-wing kits, great detail, but that over-engineered way they did the fueslage left me with some serious gaps to fill in the one section near the torpedo launchers

I've got the cockpit all set. The rest is in primer. Hopefully I'll be finishing up over the weekend.

It's always tough painting 1/72 figures. I tried to keep it as neat as I could, but under the magnification of camera lens I can see some areas I need to touch up. Also seeing the decals magnified this much, you can really see the dots from the printing. Weird, not all of them are like that though, only some. Like the lines are prefect, but the large grey areas on the helmet markings and the instrument panels are all dotted

Once under the cockpit glass and at normal viewing it's shouldn't be noticeable though

If you have a tool and aren't aware of what it can do, its dangerous. A jedi can do amazing things with a lightsaber. A roomful of chimps with lightsabers... would get messy.

blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Bandai 1/72 T-70

Post by blakeh1 » March 25th, 2016, 8:33 pm

almost done. I have to figure out what do to with the stand.

I loved PixelMagic's snow based stand

Also, I have to figure out what droid to put in there. I don't think I want BB-8, I want to save that for Poe's
so for now, no droid either.

and again, it's quite obvious where the different pieces are for the panel sections. Not as much in person

and a "heritage" flight
If you have a tool and aren't aware of what it can do, its dangerous. A jedi can do amazing things with a lightsaber. A roomful of chimps with lightsabers... would get messy.

dano985
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by dano985 » March 25th, 2016, 10:35 pm

Good work!!

Ramsayman
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Ramsayman » March 26th, 2016, 5:20 am

I'm not sure what to do with the droid on mine either. Poe never flew the blue X-Wing in the movie, and he says BB-8 is a one of a kind droid, so it doesn't seem right to put him in there. All the other X-Wings seem to have R-series droids in the sockets, so I wish they had made that an option on this kit. I've got a bunch of extra droids from previous kits, so I'm trying to figure out how to get one in there. I'm thinking an R-5 or later.

Nice job, btw! Great to see it side by side with an original X-Wing. :D

blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by blakeh1 » March 27th, 2016, 3:24 pm

Got the standalone pilot painted along with BB-8

I screwed up the decals on BB-8's lower body, so I had to paint the stuff instead and as a result, his body orange colors are not as clean as I'd like, but at that small of a scale it looks fine in person
The only decal used was the strips on his head.