for critique on all works in progress models
Del
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Re: 1/72 V-Wing

Post by Del » January 13th, 2020, 5:11 am

Ramsayman wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 2:39 am
Y'know, I've not been a huge fan of this design before, but I'm starting to like it. Couldn't put my finger on what about it seemed off to me. But after seeing the ship without the wings, then your last pick of the finished product, I think I'd just not put on the top vanes that cover the droid. This looks great!
To be honest, getting those top vanes on there were the most fiddly bit of the kit. I didn't change much of the structure of the kit itself, so it's almost the same as when Fantastic Plastic sold it except for the canopy, the pilot, some minimal cleanup, and improved decals.
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!

Uwe Kaeding
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Post by Uwe Kaeding » January 13th, 2020, 6:24 am

Looking good Del, and the pilot definitely looks better than the one that came with the original kit. Where did you get it (and is it possible to buy one or five separately?)

blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by blakeh1 » January 13th, 2020, 11:47 pm

Uwe Kaeding wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 6:24 am
Looking good Del, and the pilot definitely looks better than the one that came with the original kit. Where did you get it (and is it possible to buy one or five separately?)
I ask the same question. I am thinking they might be good for the Revell ARC-170. The pilots in the kit are too big and also suck detail wise. The droid slot in the canopy seems to fit a 1/72 Astromech perfectly so 1/72 pilots should also look good in there
If you have a tool and aren't aware of what it can do, its dangerous. A jedi can do amazing things with a lightsaber. A roomful of chimps with lightsabers... would get messy.

darth_daniel
Padawan
Padawan

Post by darth_daniel » January 16th, 2020, 12:41 am

blakeh1 wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 11:47 pm
Uwe Kaeding wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 6:24 am
I ask the same question. I am thinking they might be good for the Revell ARC-170. The pilots in the kit are too big and also suck detail wise. The droid slot in the canopy seems to fit a 1/72 Astromech perfectly so 1/72 pilots should also look good in there
I´m currently building said ARC-170, so if there was a chance to acquire 3 such pilots, I´d happily take it. :)

Del
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Post by Del » January 20th, 2020, 12:17 am

Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!