Revell Landspeeder

for critique on all works in progress models
Thundergod
Youngling
Youngling

Revell Landspeeder

Post by Thundergod » January 3rd, 2015, 10:26 pm

I picked up the Revell Landspeeder recently , as I found it for a good price at a local discount shop . Although I'm generally a fan of the Revell kits , the RRP of about £25 was a little steep , so when I saw it for £9.99 I had to snap it up ! Though not perfect , the model is a pretty good representation of one of the studio miniatures ( the full size "prop" has a slightly different profile than the models ) and with a little work good results can be achieved . I've kept the majority of the studio paint on the bodywork , as the actual colour is pretty close and the darker striping would be a bit of a pain to mask etc . ( Lazy , I know , but my airbrush is currently out of commission so I'd have to paint it by hand or find a matching colour in a spray can !) And before anyone points it out , I know the stripe ISN'T 100% screen accurate ( the stripe on the miniatures and 1/1 car is slightly off-centre ) , but them's the breaks ! I've added detail to the exposed engine and will add more accurate detail to the cockpit/dashboard . I should really have done this before cementing the body halves together , but I got a little ahead of myself ( you know how it is , the one thing I've never learnt in 40 years of model making is patience ) . I "matted down" the paintwork with a flat varnish and begun to add weathering and damage with pastel chalk washes and acrylic filters .
I've also added Milliput upholstery to the seats and the damage to the front end .

Scott Girvan
Padawan
Padawan

Re: Revell Landspeeder

Post by Scott Girvan » January 3rd, 2015, 11:15 pm

Looks cool. Nice job on the nose end damage.

Jaitea
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Jaitea » January 4th, 2015, 1:55 am

Brilliant paintwork,....love it

J

TCSloan
Padawan
Padawan

Post by TCSloan » January 4th, 2015, 2:31 am

looks good to me..how big is this sucker?

dupes
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by dupes » January 4th, 2015, 4:41 am

Same question...I've never seen this kit before. Any idea what scale it is?
Need to build 30 models per year until I'm 90 to clean out the stash. Time to get cracking!

Thundergod
Youngling
Youngling

Post by Thundergod » January 4th, 2015, 9:06 pm

The scale is a bit of a head-scratcher with this one , as the packaging quotes it as 1/14 ( I think , the box has long gone with all the Christmas packaging !) , but going from the size of the figures included ( Luke and Threepio ,I opted not to use them , but they're not TOO bad ) and the general length of the model ( 9 1/2 inches ) I'd guess at closer to 1/24th .

blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by blakeh1 » January 5th, 2015, 4:07 pm

Weathering and damage looks perfect
If you have a tool and aren't aware of what it can do, its dangerous. A jedi can do amazing things with a lightsaber. A roomful of chimps with lightsabers... would get messy.

TCSloan
Padawan
Padawan

Post by TCSloan » January 7th, 2015, 9:27 pm

This is it right? HLJ states its 1/14 scale..wonder if the Hasbro 6" would work with this?
http://www.hlj.com/product/REV06676/Sci

nicholassagan
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by nicholassagan » January 7th, 2015, 9:35 pm

No, it's really 1/24...

TCSloan
Padawan
Padawan

Post by TCSloan » January 7th, 2015, 10:19 pm

ahh fooey.. guess they decided to make it the same scale as all the SW 1/24 figures :geek: