NOT MIA or DOA

Post all Off Topic here
nicholassagan
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

NOT MIA or DOA

Post by nicholassagan » February 27th, 2019, 8:33 am

Hey everyone,

I've been absent from the boards and social media in general for the better part of the past 6 months or so. Some of you I speak with on a semi-regular basis, some of you may be wondering where the fuck have I been, and I'm sure some of you could give a shit less. :)

If you recall, I posted about losing my job at the end of June. Well, it took six months of unemployment (but not really...as I've been teaching part-time and advising one day a week) and I finally have a full-time position until the very least the end of this coming June.

It's been a super hard few months for me. Hell, even the past year has been tremendously difficult for a number of reasons. We had our #2 daughter last March, and while she's been an absolute beam of fucking sunshine and radiates an infectious joy, I feel I've been tumbling down that downward spiral of depression and anxiety with the spinning slowing only recently.

Aside from all the issues of self, existential career crisis, strained family relations, looming commission deadlines, a waning art practice, having to move our home unexpectedly (a whole other sorted story of a bully of a downstairs neighbor), job hunting, and not really having time/space to complete pretty much anything....
Wait, what was I saying? Oh yeah. A lot of shit of life kinda all at once.

So, part of why I've been sparse with my commentary/ presence is simply a time issue (kids, job hunting now working, family obligations) and some of it I have really scaled back my operations in an effort to balance out my life more.

LONG STORY SHORT

I'm still producing, just more slowly. I have decal sets available for pretty much every Bandai kit out there (even some Death Star decals in the works!). I've been steadily working on 3D modeling and printing (any ship in any scale now!!). I have a couple of smaller commission jobs that are slowly getting done (unfortunately a big commission job was pulled due to the timeline of deliverables being stretched like the universe after the big bang). There are some announcements to be made and some products to post.

https://youtu.be/36reZ9-3VK0

acesh007

Re: NOT MIA or DOA

Post by acesh007 » February 28th, 2019, 8:14 pm

Hope things get better. Ive messaged you a few times, via FB and on Shapeways (I just discovered this forum). Hope life gets back on track and you can start getting back to what you enjoy doing. Glad to hear you're still around.

Ramsayman
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Ramsayman » February 28th, 2019, 8:48 pm

Good to hear you're still producing. Sounds like things are starting to look up for you. I understand the "Year of Hell" thing as much of my life exploded this year. Not going into details, but it's much of the reason why I've tried to get money together to buy certain things from certain people to get some grail kits for me, then had to cancel orders because... money. Life happens, and sometimes it sucks, but pull through and it usually gets better.

Unreality
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Post by Unreality » March 1st, 2019, 12:54 am

I know you've told me a little about what's going on, but man I am so sorry about all the shit that is hitting you over the past year. But thank you for all you do. If you ever need to talk, I'm all ears. Looking forward to everything you have in store for us.

Side-note, I may have a 3D commission for you in the future.

Best!
Rebel Scale: my modeling website

Stu Pidasso
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Stu Pidasso » March 1st, 2019, 4:25 am

Who the hell is this guy?

:P
Rogueknight wrote:Figured I had to post to keep Stu moist....

DocRaven
Padawan
Padawan

Post by DocRaven » March 1st, 2019, 1:18 pm

Nicholas is glad that you feel better and that you see something light at the end of the tunnel.

Unfortunately, the Googel translation can not begin to say what I want to say everything but I try my best

I can only understand too well how you feel, I got professional help from Germany 3 years ago because the spiral had turned into a vicious circle and had broken me and it was and still is a hard time I must also say that just focus on my projects and the small successes helped me really not to despair or give up.
I was totally flashed how well last year my death star datacard arrived that really gave me a lot.

and a very special thing that still brings tears to my eyes today was the Christmas package I got from Jimi I had Trade a few things with him but this giant Teddybear has sent me so much more and so fooled me that was like a breakthrough for me i had been crying for the first time since 1 year and even with joy i will never forget that.
a person from the other end of the world has done something and made a deal for me with whom i would have expected!
once again a huge big thank you to you Jimi

The crafting of my models or working out new projects helped me a lot.
my hobby star wars is now a part of my Therapie

I can only tell you, do not give up but do not forget to divide your energy and imme rdafür to ​​ensure that you get new energy because only then we come out of this hole.
I will have to stay in therapy for quite a while but I can look back and see how much has been done and has improved even if it is only small things because the most important thing now is to build a very stable foundation so that it never can break again together

nicholassagan
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by nicholassagan » March 1st, 2019, 5:33 pm

Thanks fellas. I can say that therapy, both individual and now couples, has opened up my sense of optimism for the future. This hobby and my art practice are what keeps me engaged and active, aside from of course my wonderful children and wife. While my process/workspace/etc is diminished it is not absent. I hope to revisit my practice of sharing with this wonderful little community we've built here.

utar.ships
Padawan
Padawan

Post by utar.ships » March 2nd, 2019, 6:45 pm

Nick, sorry to hear of all your troubles. Glad you are turning the corner now, hope all works out better going forward.

I've been out of the hobby loop for over a year too. Not as harrowing as what you've been through just housing troubles, a flooding of my work shop last summer, and loss of most of my digital models on the old laptop.

Here's to a better 2019!
"The resin must flow"

blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by blakeh1 » March 6th, 2019, 11:57 pm

Glad to see you around again!

Hopefully things only get better from here on out
If you have a tool and aren't aware of what it can do, its dangerous. A jedi can do amazing things with a lightsaber. A roomful of chimps with lightsabers... would get messy.

dark kyp
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by dark kyp » April 13th, 2019, 6:47 pm

I'm happy to see you back here Nicholas. Sorry to read all of this :cry:

I hope everything is going better now.

Life sometimes sucks and you have experienced it the bad way those lasts months...
As said: I'm really happy to see you back here ;)