K-2S0 and Friends!

Show your finished models and 3D artwork here
Ramsayman
Padawan
Padawan

K-2S0 and Friends!

Post by Ramsayman » July 26th, 2019, 7:32 am

Okay, so I love my droids, thus I, of course, needed to get K-2S0!

As for colors, I decided I wanted him to not be black as he doesn't strike me as black, but more of a dark grey in the movie. I opted for gunmetal. I've used the Tamiya Gunmetal for many "black" things, and love the color, but my local model shop just started getting in Vallejo paints which give you more paint for the price, so I grabbed Vallejo Gunmetal. VERY different colors! I tested the Vallejo paint on K-2S0s' head, and it was way too silver for what I wanted, so I dug around and discovered I still had a half used can of Tamiya Gunmetal! So I took all the parts off the trees that I wanted to paint (basically the body covering panels), and painted them. I used the Vallejo Gunmetal on his "shoulder" pieces, and left "under" pieces the black of the plastic. Then super easy Bandai assembly, then decals, and dry brushed some silver highlights in spots and done!

And with some friends!

From Left to Right: K-2S0, C-3P0, R2-D2, BB-8, R2-R26, R5-D4, and K-9 (Who is just a crappy paper study model. Didn't know he was so big!)

dark kyp
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: K-2S0 and Friends!

Post by dark kyp » August 15th, 2019, 7:42 pm

nice group!

I really like the metal effect on the K2SO

Del
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Post by Del » August 15th, 2019, 11:21 pm

Nice work on all of these! Wish I could build droids but for some weird reason there's just no pull for me to build one. Too much "people-like" I suppose, and I really don't like painting figures. You should get some sheet styrene and bring K-9 to life rather than just an imaginary pal for your droids. ;)
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!

Ramsayman
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Ramsayman » August 16th, 2019, 10:59 pm

I have plans for K-9. The paper model was a test subject....

Right now I'm going to build Chopper next.

Ramsayman
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Ramsayman » August 16th, 2019, 11:43 pm

Del wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 11:21 pm
Nice work on all of these! Wish I could build droids but for some weird reason there's just no pull for me to build one. Too much "people-like" I suppose, and I really don't like painting figures. You should get some sheet styrene and bring K-9 to life rather than just an imaginary pal for your droids. ;)
I don't like building figures either. But I LOVE droids! Joints on a figure seem wrong, but on adroid it works! I have loved robots and droids since 1977 when I was a kid. Always wanted my own R2. I have plans to build a 1/1 working Mouse droid, just taking a while to plan what I want it to be able to do apart from just rolling around....

blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by blakeh1 » September 9th, 2019, 5:53 pm

Great group shot!

Nice work particularly on R2-D4 and K-2SO
If you have a tool and aren't aware of what it can do, its dangerous. A jedi can do amazing things with a lightsaber. A roomful of chimps with lightsabers... would get messy.

Ramsayman
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Ramsayman » September 10th, 2019, 6:49 am

blakeh1 wrote:
September 9th, 2019, 5:53 pm
Great group shot!

Yeah, thanks! I still have to dirty up R2-D2, and I went with lightly dirtied BB-8 which doesn't show well in the photo. I still can't decide if I want to dirty up C-3P0. I like him all shiny-like, but it looks more "real" dirtied up. Maybe just the odd oil drip....

Del
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Post by Del » September 10th, 2019, 3:54 pm

Ramsayman wrote:
September 10th, 2019, 6:49 am
blakeh1 wrote:
September 9th, 2019, 5:53 pm
Great group shot!

Yeah, thanks! I still have to dirty up R2-D2, and I went with lightly dirtied BB-8 which doesn't show well in the photo. I still can't decide if I want to dirty up C-3P0. I like him all shiny-like, but it looks more "real" dirtied up. Maybe just the odd oil drip....

I'd have to look at photos, but I think the knee and elbow joints are goobered up, as well as around the restraining bolt area.
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!