1/72 V-Wing

for critique on all works in progress models
Del
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Re: 1/72 V-Wing

Post by Del » December 30th, 2019, 3:45 am

Sort of got behind with getting ready for Thanksgiving, and then suffering through 3 weeks of illness that the grandkids were nice enough to share with me. Man, it was difficult to kick whatever that was. Then Christmas came and went, and now I'm finally back to the workbench. Here's what I got accomplished so far this weekend. I'm in the middle of painting the pilot, droid head, seat, and instrument panel. When this kit was previously released, there were no decals for the interior, and since the instrument panel is lacking in physical details, I think I'll see what I can come up with for decals. The next photo I share should be very close to complete.

Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!

Del
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Post by Del » December 30th, 2019, 5:44 am

Pilot is done, so I may as well post the photo. It will be a couple of days before I post more. I think the pilot looks great, but you won't be able to see much of him or the cockpit even with a vacu-formed canopy. Just too small and not enough light bouncing around in there to see with the naked eye. Got a little more experience painting a figure and it was fun, so it's not really a waste of time.

Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!

blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by blakeh1 » January 3rd, 2020, 6:24 pm

Very cool!

Those pilots might actually be good replacements for the ARC-170 pilots as well. The ones in that kit are a bit oversized
If you have a tool and aren't aware of what it can do, its dangerous. A jedi can do amazing things with a lightsaber. A roomful of chimps with lightsabers... would get messy.

Del
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Post by Del » January 9th, 2020, 8:24 pm

Almost there...…….. Still have to add the wings, but otherwise it's pretty much done. I can't lie, that droid head was hell to get the decals applied, but it looks fantastic when finished. As expected, can't really see the pilot, but I'm not gluing the canopy in place so I can show it off to others and for myself once in awhile.

I like the glossy finish, but it's reflecting weird glare in spots. I'll have to see if I want to hit it with a light dull coat. I'll be including a set of JBOT decals for this, but I've also created a supplemental sheet for additional details that need to be there as well such as the droid, a correct emblem in front of the canopy, better and more hazard markings. Those Galactic Republic emblems from JBOT are nice and crisp though.

Ramsayman
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Ramsayman » January 10th, 2020, 1:11 am

Looking nice! I believe the droid in these things was a Q-7 Astromech. Essentially a sphere that hovered into and out of position, locking itself into place here. I think it'd be cool to model the "sphere" hovering above the slot in a hanger. Don't expect that to be in the kit, though...

blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by blakeh1 » January 11th, 2020, 12:01 am

Looks great!
If you have a tool and aren't aware of what it can do, its dangerous. A jedi can do amazing things with a lightsaber. A roomful of chimps with lightsabers... would get messy.

djfuller
Youngling
Youngling

Post by djfuller » January 11th, 2020, 5:06 am

Seriously though, looks great, can't wait to get one for myself!

-David

dark kyp
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by dark kyp » January 11th, 2020, 7:15 pm

this is looking great!

Del
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Post by Del » January 11th, 2020, 10:34 pm

Here's my last post here in the build thread. I'm fighting some cold/flu/plague again, so I'll post better photos in the "Finished Work" forum hopefully tomorrow, and the kit should be available either tomorrow or Monday. Thanks for following along!!

Ramsayman
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Ramsayman » January 13th, 2020, 2:39 am

Y'know, I've not been a huge fan of this design before, but I'm starting to like it. Couldn't put my finger on what about it seemed off to me. But after seeing the ship without the wings, then your last pick of the finished product, I think I'd just not put on the top vanes that cover the droid. This looks great!