2019 - year in review

Show your finished models and 3D artwork here
blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

2019 - year in review

Post by blakeh1 » January 21st, 2020, 8:49 pm

I have not posted here as often as I should so this is kind of the lump sum of what I had been up to in the past year or so.

I'd love to see what others have finished this year so feel free to post them if you got 'em :D

I've also finished a number of things from other frachises, but this is a Star Wars forum so...just the Star Wars stuff :D

First up, a bunch of 1/72 figures from Shapeways. The 1/72 Retro SF Snowspeeder and Revell AT-AT were done previously but are there for scale comparison. Based on the 22.5 m size of an AT-AT and upscaling from the Bandai 1/144, the Revell works out pretty much to 1/72 scale.

ImageRevell AT-AT

Bandai 1/72 X-Wing - Red Leader

Bandai 1/72 Poe's Boosted X-Wing

ImagePoe's X-Wing

Bandai 1/72 B-Wing (SDCC version)

Bandai 1/72 First Order Tie's and Revell Kylo Ren Tie Silencer

Star Wars Legion Speeder Bike
While it was great as a start, it is missing a few or the more fiddly details since it was intended as a gaming miniature so I added some brake lines and wires plus opened up the back flaps and replaced the out of scale front steering vanes with thinner plastic

and with a previously completed Bandai 1/48 AT-ST for size comparison

And more Star Wars Legion...the 1.4 FD P-Tower Laser Cannon Team
Image1.4 FD P-Tower

And with a Bandai 1/48 Snowspeeder for size comparison

Hot Wheels Han Solo Speeder
Based on the figure, I'd say it was 1/72 or close enough. I replaced the out of scale fin/spoiler with some brass strip and added some other details as well as a full repaint

with some Bandai 1/72 figures for size comparison

And finally Bandai 1/144 Snowspeeder with Shapeways cockpit set, Bandai 1/144 AT=AT and At-St with two F-Toys 1/144 Snowspeeders and some 1/144 figures and a Turret from Shapeways
If you have a tool and aren't aware of what it can do, its dangerous. A jedi can do amazing things with a lightsaber. A roomful of chimps with lightsabers... would get messy.

Ramsayman
Padawan
Padawan

Re: 2019 - year in review

Post by Ramsayman » January 21st, 2020, 9:43 pm

Wow. That's an impressive bunch of builds!

Bauble
Youngling
Youngling

Post by Bauble » January 21st, 2020, 10:23 pm

Blakeh, that is one impressive lot of builds. I like the improvements you made the snowspeeders. And the At at looks great. The subtle weathering is just right.

Bauble
Youngling
Youngling

Post by Bauble » January 21st, 2020, 10:56 pm

And was that real snow you put the troops and turret in?

Uwe Kaeding
Jedi Aspirant
Jedi Aspirant

Post by Uwe Kaeding » January 22nd, 2020, 12:03 am

Impressive set of builds!

blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by blakeh1 » January 22nd, 2020, 2:05 am

Ramsayman wrote:
January 21st, 2020, 9:43 pm
Wow. That's an impressive bunch of builds!
Uwe Kaeding wrote:
January 22nd, 2020, 12:03 am
Impressive set of builds!

thanks!
Bauble wrote:
January 21st, 2020, 10:23 pm
Blakeh, that is one impressive lot of builds. I like the improvements you made the snowspeeders. And the At at looks great. The subtle weathering is just right.
Bauble wrote:
January 21st, 2020, 10:56 pm
And was that real snow you put the troops and turret in?
Yeah, it had snowed out so I had a bit of fun taking pics in the snow. I have been trying to get better backgrounds for the vehicles environment in my pics instead of boring cloths. A few of the ones above I used some software to remove the background and replace with black or black star fields.

For the Revell At-At I took advantage of the snow :lol: I had soem of the Bandai and 1/144 stuff but can't find it at the moment

Here is the Revell At-At in the snow with a few of the 1/72 figures
If you have a tool and aren't aware of what it can do, its dangerous. A jedi can do amazing things with a lightsaber. A roomful of chimps with lightsabers... would get messy.

Bauble
Youngling
Youngling

Post by Bauble » January 22nd, 2020, 3:39 am

Thanks for the added pic of atat in the snow. It looks great!

blakeh1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by blakeh1 » January 22nd, 2020, 4:43 pm

And I forgot about these. 1/72 Stormtroopers (with a Bandai 1/72 from the gashapon sets on the far left standing at attention)

I had kind of speed painted them as I find painting stormtroopers very tedious. Same with Tie Fighters. I guess it's the lack of much color variety as well as basically having no weathering

I may go back and try touching some of them up. The plan is to use them in a diorama of the Falcon escaping either from a cloud city platform or the deathstar or Mos Eisley . The stands are temporary and were mostly so I had something to hod while painting. In I will reposition them and probably put a pin in the foot, or maybe glue directly to the ground

Solander
Youngling
Youngling

Post by Solander » February 3rd, 2020, 11:39 am

Man, I'm green with envy on your productivity :)
Looks like You've had a pretty good 2019 - let your 2020 be even better!