Covid-19

Post, chat, or discuss topics related to Star Wars, modeling, 3D graphics, or something close to this.
johnwaljr
Padawan
Padawan

Covid-19

Post by johnwaljr » March 29th, 2020, 12:37 am

With the worldwide pandemic, I hope everyone and their families are doing okay. I know it's asking a lot but could we all sort of check in?

Chris
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Covid-19

Post by Chris » March 29th, 2020, 10:06 am

My family and I are save here. We stay at home.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein

Ramsayman
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Ramsayman » April 3rd, 2020, 7:19 am

Doing well in the Ramsay household. Kids were already home for spring break, and now it's just extended. They've got homework that has been sent home via email for them to finish out the school year. That ought to be fun.
I was laid off from my job as it's a hotel and no one is traveling. Laid off over 150 people. The day I was laid off, another casual job I have that I usually only get a few hours a month at, called me and I've been working there cleaning for almost the same amount of time. The Canadian government also is pushing through Employment Insurance claims quickly for anyone who's been laid off from this thing, so I should start getting $ from that soon as well.
Also, anyone who's not working because of this virus can soon apply for an "emergency" grant that the gov is giving that amounts to about $2000/month.
I may end up making more money than before I was laid off!

My wife is still working, but she's down to about 3 co-workers at her office that usually has around 50 people - most of which are just working from home. She's salaried, and her job is considered an essential service, so no worries there.

We're all social distancing, and not seeing anyone outside of our immediate family.

Anyway, thanks for asking.

Anyone else?

Bauble
Youngling
Youngling

Post by Bauble » April 4th, 2020, 8:46 pm

Safe but getting cabin fever. Decided to start scratching a blockade runner 1/144.

dark kyp
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by dark kyp » April 5th, 2020, 8:52 pm

we are here too. My family and I are safe at home.

I'm home working and my wife's job is closed.

Strange situation! :?

johnwaljr
Padawan
Padawan

Post by johnwaljr » April 5th, 2020, 11:42 pm

Thank you everyone for checking in so far. My household is doing well. I'm working from home this week since I'm a essential state employee. My job has instituted a 5 on 5 off policy untill further notice. I'm going to try to knock-out some more kits when I get the chance to. I hope everyone stays safe.